Wednesday, September 25, 2013

it's pumpkin season!

Anyone who knows me, knows that I l-o-v-e pumpkin. Everything pumpkin: soup, muffins, lattes, even pumpkin beer. And most especially, pumpkin pie. I enjoyed my first piece last night at Aphrodite's, and it left me wanting more! So tonight, I made a delicious chilled vegan pumpkin pudding. Here's the recipe:

Dump 2 cups of full fat coconut milk and 1 and 1/2 cups of canned pumpkin (I used organic and BPA free coconut milk and pumpkin) in your blender, and add a generous amount of cinnamon, and dashes of nutmeg and cardamom. Add a teaspoon of vanilla and a tablespoon of maple sugar. Puree until silky smooth. I tasted at this point and added more of all three spices. Then divide into four ramekins and put them in the freezer for an hour. I dare you to abstain from tasting every 10 minutes!  I sprinkled some cinnamon on mine before I dove in. They're ramekin lickin' good!

A helpful tip is to leave your coconut milk in the fridge for a day or so, so the cream all rises to the top. This helps to make a silkier texture. I think next time I'll add some five spice and some crushed clove, as well as dress them up with some crumbled gingersnap cookies - maybe a lovely layered parfait?

happy treating,
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment