Friday, September 13, 2013

well...here I am

It’s happened. I’ve joined the blogging world. I embarked on my journey of wellness about a year ago to get to know myself better, which, as it turns out, has largely been about self-acceptance and compassion. For myself, and others. It hasn't been easy. There have been a lot of dark days. And there's also been a tremendous amount of light. I've allowed my curiosity to create new possibilities, and uncovered my dharma. My dharma is to heal. Heal my self. And others. I've recently started back to school, part-time, exploring my passion for nutrition. I'm not sure what shape this blog will take just yet; it's a bit of an experiment at this point. I'm excited to see where it goes. Where did I get the idea for the name? It came to me quite seriously in the middle of the night one night. I awoke, and it was just, well, there. Growing up as a red head, I experienced my fair share of teasing. "Carrot top!" was always a popular one. My number one comeback was always "carrot tops are green!!!" (I learned it from Sesame Street, naturally). My journey through life thus far has mostly been about figuring out where I fit in; over-achieving so that others will accept me, working hard to be extraordinary. You know, the path of a regular Type A. Well, this Type A is working on cultivating her Type B. I'm learning that I'm enough. ‘carrot tops are green’ is about embracing myself, exactly how I am, right now. It’s just an added bonus that it also correlates to nutrition. After all, there are no coincidences. Thanks for reading! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment